Create effect Madrix V3

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Thomas

Create effect Madrix V3

Post by Thomas »

Hello,

I search how to create an special effect in Madrix V3 but I can't create it. I explain : I have got a square of 64 winchs RGB and I want to move a square of 6x6 winchs in the middle in a direction and the contour of this square move in opposition of the middle square. A movement that resembles children's horizontal swings in schoolyards

Thanks a lot
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Create effect Madrix V3

Post by Guertler »

Hello Thomas,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

You can easily solve this effect ide for the winches when you are using two effect layers for the movement in MADRIX. Both layers will use the "SCE Simple Shape" effect. The first layer is respondsible for the outline around the 6x6 square. That's why the effect settings of the first layer will be set to:
- Postion: 0/0/0
- Size: 100/100/100
- Render Mode selection: Simple
- Shape: Rectangle Outlined

The second layer will be respondsible for the 6x6 square. So we change the following settings in the "SCE Simple Shape":
- Postion: 10/10/0
- Size: 80/80/100
- Render Mode selection: Simple
- Shape: Rectangle Filled

In the next step we are using the so called "Storage Place Chaser" and we will chase the "Opacity" of this two layers.
Please open the "Storage Place Chaser", change the "Parameters" to "Layer Visibility Settings".
Now you can decrease the "Opacity" of the first layer to "0", the "Opacity" of the second layer should still be "255" and add a step at the Chaser.
In the next step you set the "Opacity" of layer 1 to "255", "Opacity" of layer 2 to "0" and add a step.
Finally you have to change the "Fade Time" and "Wait Time" for the chaser steps and you can start it.

If you never have wored with chasers, please have a look to the following link:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... haser.html
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thank you for your return. Now, I would like keep this effect and lock the center line of the 2 squares in order to obtain a rocking effect... Is it possible ?

Thanks.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Thomas,

An option to get this result would be to add an third layer, map this layer to the 2 squares and give them a solid color with the "SCE Color" effect. With the help of the Chaser you are able to dim in this layer later then the other other layers to lock it after a desired time.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for your return. I find a solution with your first reply and a SCE gradient effect on each square.

So if we look the scene in face, the first storage place, we are the first exterior square that goes from top left to bottom right. The second square interior of 6x6 balls goes from top right to bottom left.

My second storage place it's the opposite. And I play it all in cue list section.

I Don't know if it's the best solution but waiting the formation, I find that ;-)